This position is currently open.
Type of Position:
Regular Part Time
Absentee Shawnee Tribe / 2025 S. Gordon Cooper Dr. / Shawnee, OK 74801
The After School Program (ASP) Driver will provide transportation driving duties to pick up children from school to the ASP. They will have supervision of the children while they are transporting to the After School Program. The ASP Driver may occasionally assist with the children during the ASP hours as needed.
The After School Program (ASP) Driver shall have the following responsibilities and duties:
- Ensure proper pick up and transporting of children enrolled with the ASP.
- Monitor children on the transportation vehicle for safety and proper vehicle behavior.
- Ensure that ALL ASP policies regarding transportation are followed.
- Operate the ASP transportation vehicle according to all applicable state and local laws.
- Report any issues with the ASP transportation vehicle or violations of the law to the ASP Manager or CCDF Coordinator.
- Assist with snack and outdoor play session, as needed. Assist activity leaders with behavior management, as needed.
- Assist in enforcing the published discipline policy. Inform all students of the policy.
- Assist to maintain daily communication with program supervisors and parents. Improve communication among teachers, parents and after school staff to improve student motivation and remove barrier to learning.
- Follow established policies and procedures of the AST ASP and the AST Admin Manual.
- Serve as an example for the children to emulate in behavior and conduct.
- Notify supervisors of any conduct or environmental issues during the program operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 20 years of age.
- Preference given to individuals with prior school age child mass transportation.
- Applicants with experience in working with Native American communities and parents of school age children, preferred.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
- Must have a valid, non-suspended or unrestricted OK driver’s license.
Employee must be courteous to the public, other tribal employees, school officials and tribal leaders. A team player who will help the organization meet its objectives; takes initiative to meet work objectives; and has effective communications with the public and other tribal employees. Positively represents the tribe maintaining the trust Absentee Shawnee Tribe has placed within him/her.
Drug Free Workplace Policy
The Absentee Shawnee Tribe is committed to providing a drug-free workplace for its employees, volunteers and the community it serves. By Absentee Shawnee Tribal Administrative Systems Policy this individual requires pre-employment drug testing.
The Absentee Shawnee Tribe’s Indian preference policy applies to this position. First preference will be given to qualified, enrolled Absentee Shawnee Tribal members. Second preference will be given to qualified Native American applicants who provide proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe. Applicants not enrolled in or who fail to claim Indian preference will receive consideration without regard to ethnic/national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, disability status, or membership in the Tribe or its corporations/enterprises.
The Absentee Shawnee Tribe is an ‘At Will’ employer.
1 month 2 weeks ago