This position is currently open.
Type of Position:
Regular Part Time
Absentee Shawnee Tribe / 2025 S. Gordon Cooper Dr. / Shawnee, OK 74801
The Manager will assist to staff the facility, develop program, assist to create operational forms and procedural manuals, assist to secure licensing (as required) and enroll children into the program. The program will offer a K-8th grade after school program to encourage youth development and promote good education organized around four specific activities: 1) Academic success; 2) Homework assistance (tutoring); 3) Enrichment; 4) Nutrition.
The After school Program Manager shall have the following responsibilities and duties:
- Prepare enrichment lessons and activities for the participating youth, assist youth with their homework, leading lesson activities (especially with regard to technology).
- Supervise snack and outdoor play session. Supervise activity leaders, assisting with behavior management.
- Maintain accurate records on program participants.
- Recruits, trains and manages part-time staff, including their formal evaluation and assessing their needs for ongoing professional development.
- Provide challenging academic enrichment that extends school day learning in a meaningful, fun context.
- Establish and enforce published discipline policy. Inform all students of the policy.
- Reinforce school day learning through effective homework and tutoring service.
- Improve literacy skills (the greatest academic need of school age children).
- Provide opportunities for youth development (socialization, maturation) through a wide range of activities in arts, technology, athletics and more.
- Assist to maintain daily communication with school officials and parents. Improve communication among teachers, parents and after school staff to improve student motivation and remove barrier to learning.
- Serve as an example of and resource for excellent after school programming.
- Provide a cost efficient, replicable model for other after school programs created by the Tribe.
- Assist to develop and maintain a working relationship with school principals, teaching staff, board of education members and other decision making bodies as is appropriate.
- Assist to coordinate the program with other Tribal departments, managing participation in the after school program.
- Develop and implement methods for family involvement/engagement.
- Assist with development and implementation of the After School program budget.
- Determine ongoing needs/interests of students, parents and school staff and review and revise programs to meet emerging needs/interests.
- Provide monthly reports to the Governor giving informal or formal oral evaluations of the program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have one of the following:
- One year tutoring experience and/or experience in operating an after school program;
- Bronze child care credential or working towards certification;
- Associates degree in education or related degree.
- Knowledge of effective teaching methods and curriculum development. Ability to design programs to meet the learning needs of elementary and middle school students.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and the internet desired.
- Applicants must have experience in working with Native American communities and parents of school age children are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
- Must have a valid, non-suspended or unrestricted OK driver’s license.
Employee must be courteous to the public, other tribal employees, school officials and tribal leaders. A team player who helps the organization meet its objectives. Takes initiative to meet work objectives. Effective communications with the public and other tribal employees. Positively represents the tribe maintaining the trust Absentee Shawnee Tribe has placed within him/her.
Drug Free Workplace Policy
The Absentee Shawnee Tribe is committed to providing a drug-free workplace for its employees, volunteers and the community it serves. By Absentee Shawnee Tribal Administrative Systems Policy this individual requires pre-employment drug testing.
The Absentee Shawnee Tribe’s Indian preference policy applies to this position. First preference will be given to qualified, enrolled Absentee Shawnee Tribal members. Second preference will be given to qualified Native American applicants who provide proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe. Applicants not enrolled in or who fail to claim Indian preference will receive consideration without regard to ethnic/national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, disability status, or membership in the Tribe or its corporations/enterprises.
The Absentee Shawnee Tribe is an ‘At Will’ employer.
1 month 2 weeks ago