This position is currently open.
Type of Position:
Regular Full Time
Absentee Shawnee Tribe / 2025 S. Gordon Cooper Dr. / Shawnee, OK 74801
The CCDF Assistant will assist with general office duties as well as counseling clients, conducting interviews with clients, relatives and others to obtain pertinent information to ensure the provision of appropriate child care services for those applying for AST Child Care Subsidy. The CCDF Assistant may perform both program delivery and client interventions. They may also perform field work to include, but are not limited to, determination of program eligibility; and inspection and assessment of child care facilities as part of the registration process for the AST Child Care Subsidy program.
The CCDF Assistant shall have the following responsibilities and duties:
- Maintains continuous contact with clients in accordance with joint planning; determines or reviews the social and economic situations of recipients periodically or as required; recommends modifications of assistance or service plans, continuance or discontinuance of financial assistance.
- Monitors and conducts field visitations of child care facilities; assists child care facility staff in complying with licensing standards. Assists Tribally Operated Centers with accreditation standards, as needed.
- Consults with individual and community organizations on the improvement of existing child care facilities.
- Interviews clients both in local office and in home visits; completes necessary documents and compiles data to determine eligibility for the AST Child Care Subsidy Program; maintains accurate records on program participants and clients.
- Must be able to present child care regulations clearly and accurately to providers and families.
- Participates in staff conferences for the purpose of overall program planning.
- Locates, inspects and assess child care facilities prior to certification as an AST Child Care Subsidy Provider. Must have knowledge of State licensed facilities; proper policies and procedures to inspect child care facilities located on Tribal Trust Land; and proper procedures to investigate complaints relating to licensed and unlicensed child care facilities.
- Assist to coordinate the program with the CCDF Coordinator and other related Tribal departments.
- May conduct reviews of questionable child care certificate cases to determine verification of income, employment and other resources and to document true situation of client.
- Provide input on monthly reports presented to the Governor for informal or formal oral evaluations of the program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have one of the following:
- One (1) year experience in a day care center, social work facility, child development center, or related work in a family relations and/or child development environment;
- Associates degree, preferably in early childhood education or related field.
- Knowledge of CCDF child care guidelines, standards and best practices.
- Knowledge of the Oklahoma State Licensing Standards for all type of Child Care. Knowledge of the Policies and Procedures of the Absentee Shawnee Tribe Building Blocks facilities, a plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Offices systems a must.
- Applicants must have experience in working with Native American communities, experience in Tribal child care settings, preferred. Must exercise mature judgment in dealing with people and in the solving of individual and family problems related to the provision of child care services.
- Must be willing and able to fulfill all job-related travel normally associated with this position.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check, including fingerprinting.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
- Must have a valid, non-suspended or unrestricted OK driver’s license.
Employee must be courteous to the public, other tribal employees, child care providers and representatives and tribal leaders; a team player who helps the organization meet its objectives; takes initiative to meet work objectives and goals; effectively communications with the public and other tribal employees. Positively represents the Tribe by maintaining the trust Absentee Shawnee Tribe has placed within him/her.
Drug Free Workplace Policy
The Absentee Shawnee Tribe is committed to providing a drug-free workplace for its employees, volunteers and the community it serves. By Absentee Shawnee Tribal Administrative Systems Policy this individual requires pre-employment drug testing.
Tobacco Free Premise Policy
The Absentee Shawnee Tribe Child Care Development Fund Programs (which include, Building Blocks Child Development Centers, AST Child Care Subsidy, AST After School Programs) prohibit the use of all tobacco products, including but not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, pipes, snuff, chewing tobacco, and electronic cigarettes on or near the premises of the Programs. For the purpose of this prohibition, “premises” means any portion of the building, structure, room, property, or enclosure located on the CCDF properties.
The Absentee Shawnee Tribe’s Indian preference policy applies to this position. First preference will be given to qualified, enrolled Absentee Shawnee Tribal members. Second preference will be given to qualified Native American applicants who provide proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe. Applicants not enrolled in or who fail to claim Indian preference will receive consideration without regard to ethnic/national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, disability status, or membership in the Tribe or its corporations/enterprises.
The Absentee Shawnee Tribe is an ‘At Will’ employer.
1 month 2 weeks ago