This position is currently open.
Type of Position:
Regular Full Time
Absentee Shawnee Tribe / 2025 S. Gordon Cooper Dr. / Shawnee, OK 74801
Individual will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and updating a comprehensive Emergency Response Plan to include preparation for, mitigation of, response to and recovery from natural disasters and terrorist attacks within the jurisdiction of The Absentee Shawnee Tribe. Individual will be responsible for coordinating the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) and procure all necessary items needed to run the facility.
· Responsible for providing information and publication of the Emergency Operation Plan (EOP)
· Coordinate and provide training for Tribal employees, Tribal members, community volunteers, and coordinate with the local, State, and Federal agencies as needed.
· Coordinate and prepare a comprehensive plan and procedure for EOP functions and disaster relief that meets or exceeds NIMS compliance requirements for FEMA approval
· Research available grants and work with Tribal grant department to obtain funding for the department and maintain compliance for existing grant regulations and reporting requirements.
· Develops and coordinates mutual aid agreements with other agencies, and Tribes.
· Organizes and coordinates local training for public safety and volunteer first responders.
· Prepare scenarios, procedures and coordinates training in conjunction with the exercising of emergency plans.
· Coordinates with media, businesses and public agencies to develop public information and education programs.
· Plan for and coordinate the maintenance of the Tribal EOC facilities and equipment to ensure continuous readiness for immediate activation when needed.
· Interprets and applies all Federal directives that apply to the departments supporting EMA.
· Utilizing computer models and various weather service products, stays abreast of current weather conditions and advises department heads of any action that may be needed.
· Ensures accuracy in reporting and corresponding with outside agencies and media outlets.
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor
· Bachelor’s degree in Emergency Management; Public Safety or related field required.
· Must be able to successfully pass an extensive background check and drug test.
· Must possess a valid Oklahoma Driver’s License.
· Must be able to obtain or working towards certification in Hazardous Materials, FEMA certification, and others designated by your supervisor.
· 3 years’ experience in Emergency Management or a Public Safety field preferred.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies’ in a diverse community.
· Knowledge of Federal, State and local regulations and guidelines related to emergency management and disaster medical assistance.
· Knowledge of chemical, biological, radiological and explosive (CNBRNE) hazards, and responses and mitigation procedures and techniques preferred.
· Ability to plan, organize and manage effectively.
· Must be able to lift 50lbs of dead weight, stand for long periods of time, crouch, stoop, and climb stairs without any assistance.
· Requires occasional handling of items up to 100lbs
· Exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and the use of protective equipment.
· Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
Native American Preference/EOE/Drug Free Workplace
4 months 1 week ago