This position is currently open.
Executive Director Gaming Commission
Type of Position:
Regular Full Time
AST Gaming Commission / 15700 E. Hwy 9 / Norman, Oklahoma 73026
The purpose of this position is to conduct investigations to determine the eligibility of an individual or corporate applicant to obtain an Absentee Shawnee Tribal Gaming license and to provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence and scheduling employee/vendor licensing.
1. Conducts thorough investigations to make determinations whether or not applicants meet eligibility requirements to obtain a gaming license.
2. Electronic fingerprinting of each applicant.
3. Corresponds with the National Indian Gaming Commission regarding applications and eligibility determinations.
4. Maintains applicant files and database.
5. Interacts with representatives from the State Indian Gaming Commission, National Indian Gaming Commission, and Tribal Gaming Commissioners.
6. Protects the confidentiality of background information regarding each applicant.
7. Contacts casino and tribal personnel at all organizational levels to gather information and prepare reports.
8. Prepares responses to correspondence containing routine inquires.
9. Traveling, on occasion, with and/for the Executive Director to various meetings.
10. Acts with discretion and confidentiality in handling sensitive material; required to sign and adhere to a confidentiality agreement.
11. Promotes positive public and employee relations at all times.
12. Perform; other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
1. Conducts thorough and complete background investigations according to department policies, applicable laws and procedural requirements; reviews applications/personal history statements (and other documents, as required to determine suitability) for completeness and directs applicants to provide additional information, if needed;
2. Obtains proper information release documents;
3. Contacts and conducts investigative interviews of applicants, applicant personal references and applicant employment references;
develops and pursues lines of inquiry;
4. Gathers, verifies and analyzes personal, professional, credit/ financial and educational documents; contacts other agencies, governments and professional organizations to obtain and verify information;
5. Researches, obtains, and reviews data from various databases and information system; to verify information and/or check for inconsistencies related to
6. Prepare letters, reports and written summary of findings (all related vendor correspondence);
7. Make recommendations regarding suitability for licensing;
8. Responds to agency requests for information; assists outside agencies when appropriate; refer requests; answer applicant questions;
9. Maintain continuity between GC and casino departments;
10. Protect and maintain confidentiality of all GC information encountered; and
11. Review and make recommendations to improve efficiency in the Vendor Licensing Department.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
• High School Diploma or GED; Bachelor's degree preferred; Gaming Regulatory experience preferred.
• Must have excellent writing, communication, analytical and organizational skills
• Must be dependable
• Must be able to travel, when necessary
• Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming license with the NIGC which entails a full background check
• Physical Requirements: Normal bending, kneeling, stooping and sitting within an office setting
(EEO/Native American Preference/Drug Free Workplace.)
2 weeks 4 days ago