This position is currently open.
Type of Position:
Regular Full Time
Absentee Shawnee Tribe / 2025 S. Gordon Cooper Dr. / Shawnee, OK 74801
The purpose of this position is to assist the Procurement Director providing administrative, program, and service support in overseeing and organizing the Tribal property. Maintaining accurate records of property and ensures compliance with government rules and regulations in support of compliance as needed.
· Maintains accurate property inventory by program and location
· Develops and maintains appropriate calendar schedule for tracking tax renewals, contract renewals pertaining to properties
· Maintains insurance records, payments, documentation and files for all Tribal property.
· Responsible for all insurance claims pertaining to property ensuring compliance
· Researches, compiles and prepares data for cost studies for proposed developments, including land, construction, management, and maintenance costs for Procurement Director
· Secures background information relevant to obtaining new property such as appraisals, tax history, ownership history, and zoning classification
· Examine and appraises land being considered for ownership to ensure compliance
· Negotiates and coordinates with vendors to ensure best rates for insurance renewals for property
· Develop preventative maintenance program for all property and manage all outside contracts with vendors to perform repairs.
· Complete and maintain accurate records of all maintenance and repair activities; enter work order history, cost and inventory data into a preventative maintenance program as it pertains to property
· Communicate effectively cross-functionally with both internal and external liaisons as well as upper management to perform tasks as assigned
· Perform Administrative tasks and other duties as assigned by supervisor
Education & Qualification requirements
Native American Preference/EEO/Drug Free /Smoke Free Workplace
· Bachelor degree or equivalent of 3 years’ experience with particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position
· Knowledge of government finance, budget and procurement standards
· General office skills, computer skills, and the ability to work closely and relate well with fellow employees
· Strong communication skills both written and oral required
· Excellent computer skills including MS Office
· Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and communicate with the public, vendors, or contractors
· Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with supervisory personnel, representatives from all levels of government and general public.
· Must have a valid Oklahoma Drivers License, and able to pass a background and drug test
· Must be able to pass a credit check.
· Must be comfortable sitting or standing for long periods of time, stoop, step, jump, lift, squat as needed
· Able to obtain a notary public commission
· Lift a minimum of 30lbs with no assistance and work in inclimate weather (extreme heat, cold, and unfavorable conditions) as needed
9 months 3 weeks ago
Wednesday, June 19, 2019