This position is currently open.
CCDF Coordinator / ASP Manager
Type of Position:
Absentee Shawnee Tribe / 2025 S. Gordon Cooper Dr. / Shawnee, OK 74801
Absentee Shawnee Tribe
2025 South Gordon Cooper Drive
Shawnee, OK 74801
Position: School Age Program Summer Worker (Seasonal)
Supervisor: CCDF Coordinator/ASP Manager
The School Age Program Summer Worker will assist in supervision of the children who attend the AST Summer School Age Program. They will be responsible for supervising attendees of the program during daily activities and field trips during the SSAP. This will be a temporary position for eight (8) weeks in June and July.
The School Age Program Summer Worker shall have the following responsibilities and duties:
· Assist with enrichment lessons and activities for the participating youth and leading lesson activities (especially with regard to technology).
· Assist with snack and outdoor play session. Assist activity leaders with behavior management.
· Help with challenging academic enrichment that extends learning in a meaningful, fun context.
· Assist in enforcing the published discipline policy. Inform all students of the policy.
· Assist in enhancing literacy skills (the greatest academic need of school age children).
· Assist in opportunities for youth development (socialization, maturation) through a wide range of activities in arts, technology, athletics and more.
· Assist to maintain daily communication with program supervisors and parents. Improve communication among teachers, parents and after school staff to improve student motivation and remove barrier to learning.
· Follow established policies and procedures of the AST ASP Summer School Age Program and the AST Admin Manual.
· Serve as an example for the children to emulate in behavior and conduct.
· Notify supervisors of any conduct or environmental issues during the program operation.
· Other duties as assigned.
1. Must be at least 16 years of age and have one of the following:
§ One year tutoring experience or experience in working in the after school program;
§ Associates degree in education or related degree.
2. Applicants must have experience in working with Native American communities and parents of school age children are strongly encouraged to apply.
3. Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check.
4. Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
5. Must have a valid, non-suspended or unrestricted OK driver’s license.
Employee must be courteous to the public, other tribal employees, school officials and tribal leaders. A team player who will help the organization meet its objectives; takes initiative to meet work objectives; and has effective communications with the public and other tribal employees. Positively represents the tribe maintaining the trust Absentee Shawnee Tribe has placed within him/her.
Drug Free Workplace Policy
The Absentee Shawnee Tribe is committed to providing a drug-free workplace for its employees, volunteers and the community it serves. By Absentee Shawnee Tribal Administrative Systems Policy this individual requires pre-employment drug testing.
The Absentee Shawnee Tribe’s Indian preference policy applies to this position. First preference will be given to qualified, enrolled Absentee Shawnee Tribal members. Second preference will be given to qualified Native American applicants who provide proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe. Applicants not enrolled in or who fail to claim Indian preference will receive consideration without regard to ethnic/national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, disability status, or membership in the Tribe or its corporations/enterprises.
The Absentee Shawnee Tribe is an ‘At Will’ employer.
1 week 4 days ago