This position is currently open.
Type of Position:
Regular Full Time
Brendle Corner Community Building / 19200 E Robinson St / Norman, OK 73026
JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Tribal Youth Program Coordinator. The purpose of this position is to coordinate and implement goal oriented programs and services to enhance and improve the quality of life for youth and families.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly assist with day-to-day implementation of the Tribal Youth program.
- Identify youth and children at-risk or experiencing problems.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement positive recreational activities for the youth to maintain an alcohol and drug-free lifestyle.
- Responsible for the development of a referral form to be used in collaboration with other departments, the tribal police department, and the tribal court system.
- Responsible for the development of a Youth Explorer Program in collaboration with the Tribal Police Department.
- Advertisement of all youth programs.
- Coordinate with and accepts referrals from public school systems to provide services to youth.
- Provides and coordinates educational and cultural presentations designed to promote healthy decision making and coping strategies.
- Maintains program and client files.
- Ensures confidentiality of youth/family is properly maintained.
- Ensures program goals and objectives are met.
- Ensures reports required and requested by the AST are submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensuring the program is accounted for in a manner consistent with federal rules and regulations, Tribal policy and procedures, program policy and procedures.
- Must work well with the funding agency, tribal elected officials, tribal membership, Education department staff, the public, cooperative organizations and agencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Education or TYP Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Management, Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, Education, or related field or three years experience in education, substance abuse, youth activities, or other experience related to this field.
- Knowledge of youth prevention services and grant related youth programs.
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma driver’s license, reliable transportation, and pass an O.S.B.I .background check.
- Possess good written and oral communication skills.
1 month 3 weeks ago