Little Axe Health Center / 15951 Little Axe Dr. / Norman, OK 73026
The Optometry Office Manager will oversee the Absentee Shawnee Tribal Health System Optometry Clinic. The Optometry Office Manager is responsible for supervising and monitoring the activities of the optical dispensary and all Optometry staff members within the optometry clinic. The position reports to the Optometric Physician/Director of Optometry. Duties include scheduling appointments, answering phones, and assisting the Optometrist(s) as needed. Manager's duties include hiring, training, and day to day management of the office, working closely with the practice doctor and executive director/multi-site clinical administrator on performance metrics and patient satisfaction.
• Supervise and direct the optometry staff.
• Staff management such as scheduling, training, remediating and refereeing disputes. Also, assisting with managing requests for vacation, days off, sick days, and early leave as needed.
• Supervise billing and serve as a back-up to the insurance coordinator.
• Supervise the handling of payments to the practice including reconciliation with the daily production report.
• Assist with bookkeeping and accounts payable.
• Marketing the practice through monitoring of patient feedback and customer service improvements.
• General administration as needed for the success of the department.
• This position requires a significant amount of interaction with the public and many internal customers and therefore, the individual must be able to develop positive rapport effectively.
• The Office Manager must have the ability to work independently, learn detailed procedures, identify problems, develop corrective strategies, and familiarity with the clinic management system and E.H.R.
Native American Preference/EEO/Drug Free /Smoke Free Workplace
An Associate’s degree and a minimum of 3-5 years supervisory experience in an optometry office or clinic required. Knowledge and compliance with OSHA and HIPAA standards is also required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
A high level of interpersonal skills, problem solving and strong analytic abilities is necessary to be successful in this position.
Experience scheduling appointments, knowledge of vision and medical insurance plans and other front office duties.
Working knowledge of tech duties.
Excellent patient care.
Facilitate the staffing and monitoring of the Optometry Clinic(s) to assure efficient clinic operations.
Write and conduct annual performance reviews of supervised staff.
Serve as a liaison between the clinic, Manager of Patient Accounts, and the Business Office.
Collaborate with the Assistant Manager of Patient Accounts to oversee patient registration and collection of fees
Support clinical operations by working closely with the director of optometry to organize clinical staff meetings.
Become familiar with MedFlow, AllScripts, and eClinical Works clinical management and electronic medical record systems.
Prepare clinical reports and statistics on clinical activity related to practice management.
Oversee patient flow and resolve patient issues associated with appointments, fees, and any other operational issues.
Monitor clinical and patient safety equipment i.e. check expiration dates on all materials, supplies, and equipment, ensure that all equipment is in good working order and arrange for repairs or maintenance.
Assist with monitoring quality assurance guidelines and arrange for implementation.
Other duties as assigned by the Director of Optometry.
Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
Training and Experience
A minimum of 3-5 years of experience required. Years of relevant experience may be substituted for required education on a year by year basis.
Experience working for Native American Tribal Health System, Government or Business, preferred.
Certificates and Licenses
Must be able to pass background check.
Must be able to complete a negative result on a drug test.
1 month 2 weeks ago
Tribal Preference/Native American Preference/EEO/Smoke Free/Drug Free Workplace Indian preference applies to all positions, but all resumes will be accepted.
Forward Completed Absentee Shawnee Tribe applications with resume to: Absentee Shawnee Tribe Human Resources Department 2025 South Gordon Cooper Dr. Shawnee, OK 74801 Fax: 405-273-2710 Email: HR@astribe.com