TAX COMMISSION AND TAG
The AST Tax Commission is now accepting credit/debit cards.
Notice to Tribal Members
The Tax Commission office will be closed the following dates and/or times:
- Monday, January 20, 2020 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Monday, February 17, 2020 - President's Day
- Friday, April 10, 2020 - Good Friday
- Monday, May 25, 2020 - Memorial Day
- Friday, July 3, 2020 - Independence Day
- Friday, September 4, 2020 - Absentee Shawnee Day
- Monday, September 7, 2020 - Labor Day
- Wednesday, November 11, 2020 - Veteran's Day
- Thursday, November 26, 2020 & Friday, November 27, 2020 - Thanksgiving
- Thursday, December 24, 2020 & Friday, December 25, 2020 - Christmas
It is the policy of the Absentee Shawnee Tribal Government to provide governmental services within the jurisdiction of the Tribe. To finance the Tribes governmental responsibilities and regulate those operating within its jurisdiction, the Tribe has the inherent sovereign authority to impose taxes on goods and activity within its jurisdiction and to license and regulate certain conduct. The Licensing and Tax Code sets forth the taxes, regulation and licensing of conduct and activity within the Tribal jurisdiction.
MOTOR VEHICLE FORMS
Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 p.m.
Except Saturday, Sunday and any legal holiday established by rule, ordinances,
or proclamations by the AST Governor, and acts of nature.
Phone number(s): 1-800-256-3341 or (405) 275-4030.
Alicia Engler - Tax Administrator
Shelby White - Administrative Assistant
Michael Pringle - Tax Clerk
Sarah Pringle - File Clerk