Absentee Shawnee Tribe / 2025 S. Gordon Cooper Dr. / Shawnee, OK 74801
The primarily responsibility of the AST Utility Operator is to oversee the day-to-day operation activities of the Tribal water and wastewater utilities administered under the Office of Environmental Health & Engineering. The AST Utility Operator's role is to operate, monitor, and perform general maintenance and repairs to the various water and wastewater systems owned and operated by the Absentee Shawnee Tribe of Oklahoma. The incumbent will be responsible for daily monitoring and maintenance of the water systems chlorination systems, maintaining daily chlorination and monthly operating logs. The incumbent will be responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual laboratory sampling required by each water system as they pertain to each regulatory agency. Complies with all safety standards and practices as they pertain to equipment, facility operations and chemical handling. Maintenance of wastewater systems will be required in maintaining wastewater lagoons, (trees/brush and grass) along with maintenance of aerobic wastewater systems to ensure chlorine is added/ maintained and sprinkler heads are clear of grass and weeds to ensure proper operation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Conduct monthly, quarterly and annual laboratory sampling and inspections
Collects daily chlorine residua l readings for daily log.
Maintains the chlorination system pump and tank to insure proper chlorine residual.
Operates and monitors a variety of water supply and treatment equipment such as:
Measuring and control systems
Read and interpret gauges and recording devices reflecting water system operations.
Collects samples and conduct chemical test of chlorination system.
Maintain the public water systems to ensure a clean and healthy community water supply
Maintains a monthly operating log book for each Tribal water system.
Ensure an adequate supply of water for human consumption and firefighting activities
Maintenance of wastewater systems
Maintenance of aerobic wastewater systems to ensure chlorine is added/ maintained
Report maintenance and repair needs to the Director
Perform other duties as assigned or required by the Director.
Bachelor's degree in an environmental science field preferred with a minimum of 1 years' experience in water/wastewater. Water/Wastewater class "D" licenses preferred. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers and the general public. Must have working knowledge and be able to use word processing and spreadsheet and data base software. Must be able to work with minimal to no supervision. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to comununicate clearly in person, in writing, and by telephone and email. Must have organizational skills and be able to plan, prioritize
project tasks, meet project deadlines and manage work load to meet goals in a timely manner.
Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Must be able to work extended hours in emergency situations dealing with protecting the public's health and safety. Must have a valid driver's license.
• A Bachelor's degree in an environmental sctence field + one year of experience m the water/wastewater field preferred.
• Must be able to acquire a class "D" Water and Wastewater licenses through ODEQ within 6 months of hire.
• Combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates an ability to perform the duties of the position
• Must have the ability to use computer technology and various software programs, especially MS Windows, Word, Excel, Access, and Internet and e-mail programs.
• Ability to interact effectively with staff members from government entities such as Tribal, EPA, BIA and others.
• Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
• Must be a self-starter, motivated and able to achieve task as required without daily supervision.
• A working knowledge of applicable federal laws and other regulations as they are applied to water and waste water utility operations. Such as ODEQ Title 252 Chapter 631 Public Water Supply Operations.
• The ability to perform light manual labor, including the ability to lift 50 pounds.
• A valid Oklahoma Drivers License is required.
1 month 3 weeks ago
Tribal Preference/Native American Preference/EEO/Smoke Free/Drug Free Workplace Indian preference applies to all positions, but all resumes will be accepted.
Forward Completed Absentee Shawnee Tribe applications with resume to: Absentee Shawnee Tribe Human Resources Department 2025 South Gordon Cooper Dr. Shawnee, OK 74801 Fax: 405-273-2710 Email: HR@astribe.com