Subject: Title VI Meal disbursement for March 23-27, 2020.
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic the Title VI meal program has made meal disbursement changes this week. In an effort to limit exposure to our elders while at the same time continuing to provide a very necessary service, we are implementing preventative measures. See the schedule below for elderly meals through the Title VI Program for the week of March 23-27th:
For homebound elders receive:
- Monday 1 hot meal and 1 sack lunch (milk/juice)
- Wednesday 1 hot meal and 2 sack lunches (milk/juice)
Homebound meal delivery on Monday & Wednesday:
- 4 Title VI drivers will be accompanied by 4 health staff
- Meals will be delivered beginning at 10:00am (health staff to arrive at 9:00am)
Elders to Pick up Meals at Shawnee Title VI (LA Title VI will be closed):
- Monday 10:00am-2:00pm 5 frozen dinners for each elder not homebound
For all non-homebound elders, you will be receiving a call this weekend to be informed of these changes. For any inquiries please contact Absentee Shawnee Tribal Health System at 405.701.7621.
To stay abreast of changes and access the most current information, please bookmark the COVID-19 on the following website: https://www.asthealth.org/covid-19. Additionally our AST Health System now is providing a 24/7 AST Health System 24 hour LIVE Corona Virus (COVID-19) Information Number: (405) 695-1787 to help tribal members. Ne-yi-wa!