CONSTITUTION COMMITTEE STUDY GROUP (CCSG)
(FORMERLY CONSTITUTION REVISION COMMITTEE)
AUGUST Newsletter Report
CORRECTION: JUNE ASTCRC newsletter, meeting date should have been SUNDAY, APRIL 8, 2018, not April 22, 2018. Sorry for the wrong date in the June newsletter.
CCSG Monthly meeting will be held monthly every fourth Sunday. Next meeting will be August 26, 2018, Little Axe Community Building, AST members are welcome to attend. We appreciate all the questions and comments!
CCSG website will be available soon. The intent is for the AST members to ask questions, informational, updates on the progress of the revised constitution, and community meetings dates, etc.
CCSG meeting, JUNE 24, 2018, at the LA Community Center in Little Axe, OK, and west of AST C-store. We had a total of SIX (6) members and one (1) pending appointee was present. Due to various reasons, three (3) members were absent.
The following items were discussed:
- Pending appointee, Wynona Coon to the CCSG.
- Establishing guidelines for the Constitution Committee Study Group.
- BIA telephone discussion with Ms. Sherry Lovin.
- Legislative tour with the Chickasaw Nation in September.
- Tentative Informational CCSG Community Meetings set for the following dates: August 16, Thursday, 6:30pm, Health Multi-purpose Bldg; Thursday, August 23, 6:30 pm, AST Resource Center, Little Axe, OK; and Thursday, September 13, 2018, 6:30pm, Glenpool, OK.
- Referendum Vote on removing the BIA, Secretary of Interior, Two (2) articles in the constitution.This needs to be done to revise the AST Constitution to separate the Legislative and Executive branches.
- Election of CCSG Officers
Kathy Deere, Chairman