This position has been filled.
Optometrist / O.D.
Type of Position:
Regular Full Time
Little Axe Health Center / 15951 Little Axe Dr. / Norman, OK 73026
The Optometry Office Manager will oversee the Absentee Shawnee Tribal Health System Optometry Clinic. The Optometry Office Manager is responsible for supervising and monitoring the activities of the optical dispensary and all Optometry staff members within the optometry clinic. The position reports to the Optometric Physician/Director of Optometry. Duties include scheduling appointments, answering phones, and assisting the Optometrist(s) as needed. Manager's duties include hiring, training, and day to day management of the office, working closely with the practice doctor and executive director/multi-site clinical administrator on performance metrics and patient satisfaction.
• Supervise and direct the optometry staff.
• Staff management such as scheduling, training, remediating and refereeing disputes. Also, assisting with managing requests for vacation, days off, sick days, and early leave as needed.
• Supervise billing and serve as a back-up to the insurance coordinator.
• Supervise the handling of payments to the practice including reconciliation with the daily production report.
• Assist with bookkeeping and accounts payable.
• Marketing the practice through monitoring of patient feedback and customer service improvements.
• General administration as needed for the success of the department.
• This position requires a significant amount of interaction with the public and many internal customers and therefore, the individual must be able to develop positive rapport effectively.
• The Office Manager must have the ability to work independently, learn detailed procedures, identify problems, develop corrective strategies, and familiarity with the clinic management system and E.H.R.
1 month 5 days ago