NOTE: THE PROGRAM IS FULL AND IS NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
The Workforce Development and Career Initiative Program are under the oversight of the Representative and funded through the CARES Act and the American Recovery Plan Act (ARPA).
Workforce Development program offers eligible Absentee Shawnee Tribal members living within service area boundaries: Pottawatomie, Cleveland, Oklahoma and Lincoln counties to become more competitive in today’s workforce. The Workforce Development and Career Initiative program promotes independent economic and social self-sufficiency according to the goals and the values of the Absentee Shawnee Tribe Workforce community by providing employment and training.
Participant Qualifications/Requirements are as follow:
1. Be an Absentee Shawnee Tribal member (must provide proof of tribal membership)
2. Must Complete a Vocational Assessment (10th grade Math & Reading level required)
3. Complete a Workforce Development and Career Initiative Application
4. Must have a High School diploma or GED (Documentation required)
5. Provide a valid Driver’s License
6. Pass a Criminal Background check
7. Provide Essay Response
8. Provide Letter(s) of Recommendation (Optional)
9. Must complete Federal Aid (FASFA) and provide copy with application (if applicable)
Workforce Development & Career Initiative Pilot Program